Photography is Art

In the past...My understanding of photography is "what you see is what you get!". I take a great picture to demonstrate my skills as well as to allow others to see what I see. I found it distasteful, having to edit my photographs but little did I know that my way of thinking is called Photojournalism. Frankly, I was kind of dumbed not to realize the differences between a photographer and a photojournalist. A photographer takes anything under and including the sky. Whereas, a photojournalist's images tell stories: they evoke emotions, they sway opinions and most importantly, they depict the truth in its entirety. That's Photojournalism!
Now that I have learned the differences...I believe photography is art. That makes me a photographer!

Pages

Tuesday, September 16, 2014

PhotoVivo Overseas Trip - Sept 5 to Sept 10, 2014

Ancient Tales, Heritage Treasure - Tulou

Tulous were built centuries ago for Hakka immigrants in the mountainous areas in southeast Fujian. This trip was organized by PhotoVivo, led by instructor Steven Yee. It has allowed me to travel back in time to the rustic days of ancient China.

 


 
 


 I had a whale of a time. I even climbed the hill to catch the panoramic view of a beautiful little village called Da Xia Chun (a.k.a. Tai Chi Chun because of its unique Ying Yang shape). If you look closely enough, the tulou on the right of the picture below is Ying and the tulou on the left is Yang. They are divided by a little winding river.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment